Big show this weekend: With These Hands
: A Benefit For Alejandro Escovedo
at the Continental Club
on Saturday night. There will be some big names there for sure, like Joe Ely, as well as some big local names like John Evans and Hayes Carl. Drop Trio will be crunching some prog funk at around 10pm, and our friends Clouseaux, The Defenestration Unit, and the Waxploitation DJs are on the bill as well. See our showdates page
for more info; here's the flyer:
As for other stuff, there's no dearth of music this weekend in Houston! Here are some shows by friends of ours:
- Tru Sol @ SRO Sports Bar (Northwest Mall) - Smooth mellow funky soul rock music, and that boy can sing
- Mandy Smith Group @ 12 Spot - Mandy's Holiday Party, make sure to go by!
- Hilary Sloan @ Mary Jane's Fat Cat - The best Honky Tonk country in H-town
- Clouseaux @ Rhythm Room - Eclectic mystery tiki music? Yes, and also voted best new band in Houston, 2003 HPMA.
- Brian Kalinec @ Market Square Bar & Grill - Finely crafted folk songs
- Mekka @ Woodlake Pub - Stronger, Louder, and Packed Full of Energy. She kicks butt.
- Shannon Cutts, Brent Adair & Jim Kam (Chapman stick player) @ Harmony Coffee House - Shannon and Brent are great, and they'll be trading songs on stage. And if you've never seen a Chapman stick player, go check it out, it's amazing to watch.
Get out there and see some live music!